The 3rd Annual NorCal Distance Coaches’ Collaborative Round Table
Coaches that have signed up to date:
1. Chris Puppione St. Ignatius
2. Albert Caruana Crystal Springs Uplands
3. Jason Oswalt Amador Valley
4. Al Berrin St. Ignatius
5. Chuck Woolridge Campolindo
6. Craig Stern Albany
7. Enrique Henriquez Moreau Catholic
8. Andrew Schreiber Las Lomas
9. Josh Small Valley Christian
10. Steve Brown Bishop O’Dowd
11. Walt Lange Jesuit
12. Koffi Kpachavi Woodside Priory
13. Marin Rodriguez St. Theresa
14. Gus Ibarra North Monterey County
15. Charlie Pierce North Monterey County
16. Peter Brewer Northgate
17. Aron Lyons Xavier College Prep
18. Chris Williams Dublin
19. Vince Sturgis Evergreen Valley
20. Tim Hunter San Ramon Valley
21. Tony Fong St. Joseph
22. Kenneth Wilner Sacred Heart Prep
23. Nick Alvarado St. Ignatius
24. Nino Hernandez Alameda
25. Ernie Lee Gunn
26. John McMullin Terra Nova
27. John Hotchkiss Mission San Jose
28. Jeff Banks Amador Valley
29. Cara Banks Amador Valley
30. Conor Dunn San Ramon Valley 31. Dave Iremonger Washington
32. Ben Vose Washington
Crystal Springs Uplands School
400 Uplands Drive
Hillsborough CA 94010
Saturday, January 8th, 2011
• Session I: 9am-12pm
• Lunch: 12pm-1pm
• Session II: 1pm-3pm
Round Table Leaders
• Chris Puppione – Clinic Co-Director
o St. Ignatius College Preparatory
• Albert Caruana – Clinic Co-Director
o Crystal Springs Uplands School
Round Table Features
• Everyone is a clinician, everyone is a student.
• Round table topics selected by attendees in advance via email..
• All attendees receive “A Packet of Nuggets”—a compilation of coaching gems from each attending coach.
• Attendees will also receive a collection of training programs submitted by the other coaches in attendance.
• Cost for the round table discussion is FREE.
• Event is open to the first 60 coaches to register.
Contact Chris Puppione (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the event, as well as to receive further information. This event is for HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ONLY.
Please contact Chris ASAP as spots are filling up fast. Some of the best coaches in NS, SJS, NCS, and CCS will be at this Round Table. Don't miss out.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROUND TABLE. KEEP READING!
November 29, 2010
Now that cross country season is in the books and the track and field season looms on the not-so-distant horizon, we would like to invite you to join us for a clinic unlike any other in the state of California.
On January 8th, 2011, we will be hosting The NorCal Distance Coaches Collaborative Round Table in Hillsbrough at Crystal Springs Uplands School. The event is scheduled to kick-off at 9am and will be attended by many of the finest coaches from our part of the state. This clinic is unique in format and conception.
Many of us have attended clinics over the years, and although we have been lucky enough to hear some great speakers, the part most of us look forward to is the aftermath—sitting around with your peers, swapping stories, discussing training ideas, asking questions, all while enjoying some good food and drink.
We have decided to get rid of the lectures and ditch the conventional while getting straight to the good stuff—some high-energy shop talk with some of our sport’s finest coaches in a relaxed environment full of friends and soon-to-be friends. At this event, the attendees will choose the topics. Whether you want to rehash the last cross country season or talk about the track season ahead, you tell us and we will put it on the agenda.
1. Limited to the first 60 coaches to sign-up via email, this round table discussion is completely based on the contributions of all attendees. Here is how it works:
2. Coaches are asked to email Chris Puppione (email@example.com) to sign-up for the event.
3. Upon receipt of your email, Chris will ask you to submit the following for the clinic by December 21, 2010:
a. Topics and ideas you would like to discuss or gain knowledge about at the clinic (training, recruiting, nutrition, state of the sport, etc.)
i. This is an absolute necessity, as these suggestions will function as our agenda for the day.
b. A 1-3 page installment (or “nugget of knowledge”) describing something you do with your athletes that you feel is key to your program’s success (i.e. a particular workout, coaching philosophy, mental training, etc.)
i. All coaches are expected to contribute with this—consider it as Part I of your entrance fee!
ii. These “nuggets” will be compiled and all attendees will receive the full collection of notes at the clinic in both print and digital formats.
c. A copy of your training plan and notes from the past cross country season or the upcoming track season.
i. This is Part II of your entrance fee, and coaches are to submit these so that they may be shared with other attendees for review, critique, and to foster discussion of training methods.
ii. These training programs will be sent out to all attendees in digital format, and you are asked to print them out prior to the round table and make notes on them for discussion purposes.
iii. By submitting your training ideas or plans in advance, you can have your season’s training discussed by some of our sport’s greatest coaches, so don’t miss out on this opportunity.
d. All submitted information must be sent in either MS Word or MS Excel docs so that they can be easily formatted for compilation.
4. A running tally of coaches who commit to attending the round table willbe maintained on Albert’s website (www.crosscountryexpress.com) so everyone can prepare any specific questions that they may have for their fellow coaches.
5. Prior to the event, Chris and Albert will release a schedule that will outline the topics for the day so that each coach attending may come prepared to participate and contribute.
6. THERE ARE NO LECTURERS AT THIS EVENT. We are not presenting a seminar—this is an opportunity to expand the discussion and for everyone to be a student and a teacher.
7. Attending coaches are encouraged to bring any information they wish to discuss or share to the event. We will have overhead projectors, LCD projectors, as well as AV equipment—bring it all.
8. Also, we would like all coaches in attendance to bring their laptop computers with them, as we will be using internet connections to access information during discussion periods. Please be sure to have your flash drive or memory stick with you so you can steal/borrow info from other coaches.
9. Sign-in on January 8th will begin at 8:30am with the round table beginning promptly at 9am. We will section the day into topics picked by our attendees,
10. Break for lunch at noon, and then reconvene for further discussion starting at 1pm. The round table ends when either you go home or they kick us out of the building at 3pm.
11. While this is an open discussion, we have designated the following coaches as leaders for the event:
a. Chris Puppione, St. Ignatius College Preparatory
b. Albert Caruana, Crystal Springs Uplands School
12. These coaches will act as guides for the discussion, keeping the round table focused while moving the group through the agenda and moderating input from all coaches. They will offer their insights as well, but they are not clinicians or panelists.
13. On the day of the event, all attending coaches will receive the following:
a. “A Packet of Nuggets”—a compilation of coaching gems from all attendees
b. A collection of all attendees training programs
c. Great conversation with amazing colleagues
It is our belief that this collaborative round table will be of great benefit for all coaches—rookies and veterans alike. Please join us for this amazing event by emailing your registration to Chris Puppione (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Be a part of the excitement—be a part of the conversation. Join us January 8, 2011 at Crystal Springs Uplands School in Hillsborough, CA for The 3rd Annual NorCal Distance Coaches’ Collaborative Round Table.
Yours in running,