We are at 36 coaches. If you email Chris at the email address below, we will put you on a waiting list and you may attend the roundtable in the event of a drop out.
Amador Valley High School
1155 Santa Rita Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Saturday, January 10, 2015
- Session I: 9am-12pm
- Lunch: 12pm-1pm
- Session II: 1pm-4pm
- Chris Puppione – Clinic Co-Director
- Cardinal Newman High School
- USATF Level III National Coach
- Jason Oswalt – Clinic Co-Director
- Amador Valley High School
- USATF Level II National Coach
- Everyone is a clinician, everyone is a student.
- Roundtable topics selected by attendees in advance via email.
- All attendees receive “A Packet of Nuggets”—a compilation of coaching gems from each attending coach.
- Attendees will also receive a collection of training programs submitted by the other coaches in attendance.
- Cost for the roundtable discussion is FREE.
- Event is open to the first 30 coaches to register.
- HOKA One One will give away two pairs of shoes in a drawing.
Contact Chris Puppione (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the event, as well as to receive further information. This event is for HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ONLY.
Please contact Chris ASAP as spots will fill up fast. Some of the best coaches in California will be at this Roundtable. Don't miss out.
December 1, 2014
Now that cross country season is almost in the books and the track and field season looms on the not-so-distant horizon, we would like to invite you to join us for a clinic unlike any other in the state of California.
On January 10, 2015, we will be hosting The NorCal Distance Coaches Collaborative Roundtable in Pleasanton, CA at Amador Valley High School. The event is scheduled to kick-off at 9am and will be attended by many of the finest coaches from our part of the state. This clinic is unique in format and concept.
Many of us have attended clinics over the years, and although we have been lucky enough to hear some great speakers, the part most of us look forward to is the aftermath—sitting around with your peers, swapping stories, discussing training ideas, asking questions, all while enjoying some good food and drink.
We have decided to get rid of the lectures and ditch the conventional while getting straight to the good stuff—some high-energy shop talk with some of our sport’s finest coaches in a relaxed environment full of friends and soon-to-be friends. At this event, the attendees will choose the topics. Whether you want to rehash the last cross country season or talk about the track season ahead, you tell us and we will put it on the agenda.
Limited to the first 30 coaches to sign-up via email, this roundtable discussion is completely based on the contributions of all attendees.
Here is how it works:
- Coaches are asked to email Chris Puppione (email@example.com) to sign-up for the event.
- Upon receipt of your email, Chris will ask you to submit the following for the clinic by Sunday, December 28, 2014:
- Topics and ideas you would like to discuss or gain knowledge about at the clinic (training, recruiting, nutrition, state of the sport, etc.)
- This is an absolute necessity, as these suggestions will function as our agenda for the day.
- A 1-3 page installment (or “nugget of knowledge”) describing something you do with your athletes that you feel is key to your program’s success (i.e. a particular workout, coaching philosophy, mental training, etc.)
- All coaches are expected to contribute with this—consider it as Part I of your entrance fee!
- These “nuggets” will be compiled and all attendees will receive the full collection of notes at the clinic in both print and digital formats.
- A copy of your training plan and notes from the past cross country season or the upcoming track season.
- This is Part II of your entrance fee, and coaches are to submit these so that they may be shared with other attendees for review, critique, and to foster discussion of training methods.
- These training programs will be sent out to all attendees in digital format, and you are asked to print them out prior to the roundtable and make notes on them for discussion purposes.
- By submitting your training ideas or plans in advance, you can have your season’s training discussed by some of our sport’s greatest coaches, so don’t miss out on this opportunity.
- All submitted information must be sent in either MS Word or MS Excel docs so that they can be easily formatted for compilation.
- A running tally of coaches who commit to attending the roundtable will be maintained on Albert’s website (www.crosscountryexpress.com) so everyone can prepare any specific questions that they may have for their fellow coaches.
- Prior to the event, Chris and Jason will release a schedule that will outline the topics for the day so that each coach attending may come prepared to participate and contribute.
- THERE ARE NO LECTURERS AT THIS EVENT. We are not presenting a seminar—this is an opportunity to expand the discussion and for everyone to be a student and a teacher.
- Attending coaches are encouraged to bring any information they wish to discuss or share to the event. We will have overhead projectors, LCD projectors, as well as AV equipment—bring it all.
- Also, we would like all coaches in attendance to bring their laptop computers with them, as we will be using internet connections to access information during discussion periods. Please be sure to have your flash drive or memory stick with you so you can steal/borrow info from other coaches.
- Sign-in on January 10th will begin at 8:30am with the roundtable beginning promptly at 9am. We will section the day into topics picked by our attendees.
- We will break for lunch at noon, and then reconvene for further discussion starting at 1pm. The indoor portion of the roundtable ends at 3pm.
- New to the event this year, we will head to the track during the final hour to allow for demonstrations of drills, general strength routines, etc. We will conclude at 4pm.
- While this is an open discussion, Chris and Jason will serve as leaders for the event.
- These coaches will act as guides for the discussion, keeping the roundtable focused while moving the group through the agenda and moderating input from all coaches. They will offer their insights as well, but they are not clinicians or panelists.
- On the day of the event, all attending coaches will receive the following:
- “A Packet of Nuggets”—a compilation of coaching gems from all attendees
- A collection of all attendees training programs
- Great conversation with amazing colleagues
It is our belief that this collaborative roundtable will be of great benefit for all coaches—rookies and veterans alike. Please join us for this amazing event by emailing your registration to Chris Puppione (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Be a part of the excitement—be a part of the conversation. Join us January 10, 2015 at Amador Valley High School in Pleasanton, CA for The 7th Annual NorCal Distance Coaches’ Collaborative Roundtable.
Yours in running,
List of Attendees
- Chris Puppione Cardinal Newman High School
- Jason Oswalt Amador Valley High School
- Albert Caruana Crystal Springs Uplands School
- Craig Lee Archbishop Mitty High School
- Jeff Gardiner Lick-Wilmerding High School
- Pat McCrystle Bellarmine College Preparatory
- Andrew Lowe Berkeley High School
- Josh Small Valley Christian San Jose
- Andrew Hutchinson Crystal Springs Uplands School
- Gus Ibarra North Monterey County High School
- Jeanine Holmlund Piedmont High School
- Matt Wilkinson Justin-Siena High School
- Chris Williams Dublin High School
- Francisco Cornejo Palma High School
- Nino Hernandez Alameda High School
- Marty Beene Alameda High School
- Walt Lange Jesuit High School
- Harold Kuphaldt Bella Vista High School
- Eric Morford Liberty High School
- Peter Brewer Northgate High School
- Ruth Seabrook Northgate High School
- Sean Kohles Skyline High School
- John Hotchkiss Mission San Jose High School
- Craig Stern Albany High School
- Vince Sturgis Benecia High School
- Tim Fitzpatrick Marin Catholic High School
- Doug Chase Scotts Valley High School
- Paul Nolan Albany High School
- David Okikawa Bishop O'Dowd
- Tony Fong St. Joseph Notre Dame
- David Bayliss San Ramon Valley High School
- Jamal Cooks Bishop O'Dowd
- Chuck Woolridge Campolindo High School
- Tim Hunter San Ramon Valley High School
- Jack Coakley College Preparatory School
- John Pelster De La Salle High School